January 20, 2017 Leave a comment
- I brought back some dried maitake mushrooms from Japan and couldn’t wait to try them.
- For this dish you could just as easily use fresh maitake .
- Did you know that maitake is a good source of vitamin D ? Which makes it a good winter dish .
Inspired by a meal I had at ain soph journey I made this vegan hayashi-rice . Using a selection of maitake and shimeji,enoki and eryngii mushrooms I sautéed them with onion .
- Add a tablespoon of tomato purée and Worcestershire sauce each to a separate pan and warm through . To thicken the sauce I use Kuzu powder. Just add a teaspoon to a little cold water to make a slurry before adding to your sauce .
- Mix the sauce into your mushrooms .
- Serve with rice and maybe a miso soup .